Nationally Recognised Course
Course in the management of asthma risks and emergencies in the workplace
Successful completion of this course will provide participants with the knowledge and skills to be able to develop an asthma management plan and provide asthma related first aid interventions in the workplace.
The course covers the correct use of reliever medication, recognition, risk management, prevention and risk minimisation strategies related to asthma.
Individuals completing this course will be able to apply their skills and knowledge in either the workplace or in the community.
** There are specific industries that require additional training such as childcare workers, school teachers and other related industries.
Training and assessment is delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
Participants must have the physical fitness to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration such as assisting a casualty into the correct position and administering asthma medication.
Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic device with access to the internet to complete the online/pre-course studies.
Course durations can vary for multiple reasons, so the durations below are the minimum possible amount.
- Refresher: Face to Face contact time of at least 2 Hours
- Blended: Face to Face contact time of at least 2 Hours
- Face-to-Face: Face to Face contact time of at least 3 Hours
- Online with face-to-face assessment: Face to Face contact time of at least 20 Minutes
Enhanced online delivery
- Participants will need to complete an e-Learning component, which will cover all of the theory.
- There are modules to complete for 22556VIC Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace.
- Participants can enter and leave the online learning as they like, and their progress will be saved. The modules must be complete prior to assessment.
- The practical assessments are then completed face-to-face with the trainer. Assessments will take at least 20 minutes for 22556VIC Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- 22556VIC Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace
- VU22927 Manage asthma risks and emergencies in the workplace
- At your facility at a time most suitable to your needs.
- $35 per person
- Discounted training for groups of 10+ participants at your workplace.
- REFUND POLICY & CANCELLATION (Page 17 of Student Handbook)
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include
- Simulated Scenario – Administer asthma medication (with spacer) using a personal asthma action plan
- Performance Task – Administer asthma medication without a spacer
- Asthma Incident Report Form
- Asthma Risk Assessment Form
- Individual Management Plan
- A written assessment consisting of multiple choice and short answer questions. All questions must be completed.
- Statement of Attainment for the nationally recognised 22556VIC Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace.
- Certificates are emailed following successful completion of course.
- Certificates will require renewal after 36 months.
QUALIFICATIONS ISSUED BY ALLENS TRAINING PTY LTD RTO 90909