Nationally Recognised Course
Course in first aid management of anaphylaxis
This course has been designed for individuals who are required to provide first aid to a person experiencing anaphylaxis until the arrival of medical assistance. This means being able to identify the triggers, signs, and symptoms of allergic reactions and anaphylaxis, and follow the standard first aid procedures to administer adrenaline using an adrenaline autoinjector to someone suffering anaphylaxis in the workplace or in the community.
Satisfactorily completing all requirements of this course provides the student with the ability to develop risk management and risk minimisation strategies for individuals diagnosed at risk of anaphylaxis in the workplace. This includes the development and implementation of pre-emergency risk assessment/management and the development and implementation of individual anaphylaxis management plans.
This course provides nationally recognised training for workers, or nominated workplace first aiders, from any industry sector and addresses the provision of care to adults and/or children in the workplace who are diagnosed as being at risk of anaphylaxis or displaying signs/symptoms of anaphylaxis.
** There are specific industries that require additional training such as childcare workers, school teachers, and other related industries.
Training and assessment is delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
As a minimum, entrants to the course must have literacy and numeracy competencies equivalent to the Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3.
An example of an ACSF Level 3 competency is being able to read and comprehend the ASCIA Action Plan for Anaphylaxis, use and respond to communication techniques to request appropriate emergency assistance at the scene of a First Aid incident and use writing skills to complete incident reports.
Physical fitness to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills.
Course durations can vary for multiple reasons, so the durations below are the minimum possible amount.
- Refresher: Face to Face contact time of at least 2 Hours
- Blended: Face to Face contact time of at least 2 Hours
- Face-to-Face: Face to Face contact time of at least 3 Hours
- Online with face-to-face assessment: Face to Face contact time of at least 15 Minutes
Enhanced online delivery
- Participants will need to complete an e-Learning component, which will cover all of the theory.
- There are modules to complete for 22578VIC Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis.
- Participants can enter and leave the online learning as they like, and their progress will be saved. The modules must be complete prior to assessment.
- The practical assessments are then completed face-to-face with the trainer. Assessments will take at least 15 minutes for 22578VIC Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- 22578VIC Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
- VU23090 Provide first aid management of anaphylaxis
- VU23091 Develop risk minimisation and risk management strategies for anaphylaxis
- At your facility at a time most suitable to your needs.
- Please enquire regarding public courses.
- $35 per person
- Private training for groups of 10+ participants at your workplace.
- REFUND POLICY & CANCELLATION (Page 17 of Student Handbook)
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
- Provide first aid treatment for anaphylaxis and administer adrenaline using a trainer autoinjector device on a mock casualty.
- Provide first aid treatment for mild to moderate allergy which progresses to anaphylaxis and administers adrenaline using a trainer autoinjector device on a mock casualty.
- Complete a First aid/Incident report form
- Complete a Risk Assessment
- Complete an Individual Anaphylaxis Management and Communication Plan
- A written exam consisting of multiple choice and short answer questions
- Statement of Attainment for the nationally recognised unit of competency 22578VIC Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis.
- Certificates are emailed following successful completion of course.
- Certificates will require renewal after 36 months.
QUALIFICATIONS ISSUED BY ALLENS TRAINING PTY LTD RTO 90909