Nationally Recognised Course
Provide first aid
This unit of competency deals with the provision of first aid through recognizing and responding to an emergency using basic life support measures.
The course covers assessing the casualty, providing safety, accessing emergency services, and using resources to provide first aid, such as providing CPR and using a defibrillator, administering an autoinjector for anaphylaxis, administering asthma medication, assisting someone choking, using appropriate immobilisation techniques for envenomation, fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains, managing casualties with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock.
You will learn basic anatomy, physiology and the differences between adults, children and infants relating to CPR, the importance of the chain of survival, written and verbal reporting of incident details, reviewing incidents to improve own skills and response times, to recognise psychological impacts, and seeking help as required.
For a private group course please contact us.
Training and assessment is delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
Important note: In order to issue a nationally recognised certificate, CPR must be performed on the floor with no exemptions.
Course durations can vary for multiple reasons, so the durations below are the minimum possible amount.
- Refresher: Face to Face contact time of at least 6 Hours
- Blended: Face to Face contact time of at least 6 Hours
- Face-to-Face: Face to Face contact time of at least 7 Hours 30 Mins
- Online with face-to-face assessment: Face to Face contact time of at least 1 Hour
Enhanced online delivery
- Participants will need to complete an e-Learning component, which will cover all of the theory.
- There are modules to complete for HLTAID011 Provide first aid.
- Participants can enter and leave the online learning as they like, and their progress will be saved. The modules must be complete prior to assessment.
- The practical assessments are then completed face-to-face with the trainer. Assessments will take at least 1 hour for HLTAID011 Provide first aid.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
- At your facility at a time most suitable to your needs.
- Public courses also available at Unit 1/2-4 Bonnal Road, Erina
- $120 per person
- Private training for groups of 10+ participants at your workplace.
- REFUND POLICY & CANCELLATION (Page 17 of Student Handbook)
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
- A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
- Statement of Attainment for the nationally recognised unit of competency HLTAID011 Provide first aid from the Health Training Package.
- Certificates are emailed following successful completion of course.
- Certificates will require renewal after 36 months.
QUALIFICATIONS ISSUED BY ALLENS TRAINING PTY LTD RTO 90909