Nationally Recognised Course
Provide first aid in an education and care setting
This course provides practical training for workers within an education and care setting to respond to first aid emergencies in line with legal and workplace requirements, Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and other Australian national peak clinical bodies.
It teaches how to identify illness or injury, access emergency services, safely provide first aid treatment using action plans, equipment and resources, for CPR, defibrillation, administering an autoinjector for anaphylaxis, administering asthma medication, immobilisation for envenomation, fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains, for bleeding and shock and other conditions.
You will learn basic anatomy, physiology and the differences between adults, children and infants relating to CPR, managing an infant or child with an acute illness, or who requires an immediate ambulance response and conveying incident details to parents, caregivers and emergency services.
The course covers completing incident documentation and debriefing for improvement of response, recognising psychological impacts, talking with children about their emotions and seeking help as required.
For a private group course please contact us.
Training and assessment is delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/pre-course studies.
Important note: In order to issue a nationally recognised certificate, CPR must be performed on the floor with no exemptions.
Course durations can vary for multiple reasons, so the durations below are the minimum possible amount.
- Refresher: Face to Face contact time of at least 7 Hours
- Blended: Face to Face contact time of at least 7 Hours
- Face-to-Face: Face to Face contact time of at least 7 Hours
- Online with face-to-face assessment: Face to Face contact time of at least 1 Hour
Enhanced online delivery
- Participants will need to complete an e-Learning component, which will cover all of the theory.
- There are modules to complete for HLTAID012 Provide first aid in an education and care setting.
- Participants can enter and leave the online learning as they like, and their progress will be saved. The modules must be complete prior to assessment.
- The practical assessments are then completed face-to-face with the trainer. Assessments will take at least 1 hour for HLTAID012 Provide first aid in an education and care setting.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- HLTAID012 – Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
- At your facility at a time most suitable to your needs.
- Public courses also available at Unit 1/2-4 Bonnal Road, Erina
- $140 per person
- Private training for groups of 10+ participants at your workplace.
- REFUND POLICY & CANCELLATION (Page 17 of Student Handbook)
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Perform CPR on a child
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
- A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
- Statement of Attainment for the nationally recognised unit of competency HLTAID012 Provide first aid in an education and care setting.
- Certificates are emailed following successful completion of course.
- Certificates will require renewal after 36 months.
QUALIFICATIONS ISSUED BY ALLENS TRAINING PTY LTD RTO 90909