Nationally Recognised Course
Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
This course provides you with the knowledge to recognise the signs of an unconscious casualty and respond appropriately, with an emphasis on performing Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines. The course includes using an automated external defibrillator (AED), how to rotate first aiders with minimal interruptions to compressions, and what to do if the casualty regurgitates or vomits.
The course also covers conveying accurate incident details when handing the casualty over to emergency services, how to review an incident, to recognise any psychological impacts on self and other rescuers, to seek help if required and for improvement of own personal skills and response times.
For a private group course please contact us.
Training and assessment is delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
Important note: In order to issue a nationally recognised certificate, CPR must be performed on the floor with no exemptions.
Course durations can vary for multiple reasons, so the durations below are the minimum possible amount.
- Refresher: Face to Face contact time of at least 6 Hours
- Blended: Face to Face contact time of at least 6 Hours
- Face-to-Face: Face to Face contact time of at least 7 Hours 30 Mins
- Online with face-to-face assessment: Face to Face contact time of at least 1 Hour
Enhanced online delivery
- Participants will need to complete an e-Learning component, which will cover all of the theory.
- There is one module to complete for HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resusciation.
- Participants can enter and leave the online learning as they like, and their progress will be saved. The modules must be complete prior to assessment.
- The practical assessments are then completed face-to-face with the trainer. Assessments will take 40 mins for HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- At your facility at a time most suitable to your needs.
- Public courses also available at Unit 1/2-4 Bonnal Road Erina
- $60 per person
- Private training for groups of 10+ participants at your workplace.
- REFUND POLICY & CANCELLATION (Page 17 of Student Handbook)
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Perform CPR on an infant
- A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
- Statement of Attainment for the nationally recognised course HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation from the Health Training Package.
- Certificates are emailed following successful completion of course.
- Certificates will require renewal after 12 months.
QUALIFICATIONS ISSUED BY ALLENS TRAINING PTY LTD RTO 90909